Eyelash lifting is currently one of the most popular procedures for fuller and voluminous eyelashes. It is painless, not expensive and quickly done. Lash lift is the perfect method to conjure up visually lengthened lashes for 6 weeks in 45 minutes. In contrast to permanent eyelash curling, eyelash lifting does not curl the eyelashes, but raises them, making them appear longer and giving the look that special “glow”. The result stands and falls with the choice of the right silicone pads. It depends not only on the shape and size of the eyes, but also on the length of the eyelashes.
Which eyelash lift pads should I use?
The process and treatment for lifting and laminating the eyelashes is virtually impossible without these important accessories. The desired result is only achieved with the correct shape and size of silicone pads.
We will help you to make the right choice:
- you have chosen the right size of silicone pad if it can be easily placed on the entire width of the eyelid. All eyelashes, including the outer ones, should find their place. This is the only way to give them the same shape.
- the silicone pads should be very soft and flexible so that they can adapt to any eye shape. This makes them easier to handle.
- pay attention to the material, which should withstand the glue as well as cleaning and disinfection.
- different curvatures of silicone pads are offered for each type of lash.
- good silicone pads are reusable. They can be rinsed with warm water after use and then disinfected.
What shapes or sizes are available?
- S for very short lashes
- M for short lashes
- M1 for normal lashes (M1 or if only S/M/L are offered, M is the Univeral size)
- M2 for long lashes
- L for very long lashes
How do I stick the silicone pad correctly on the eyelid and how do I fix the lashes on it?
- Stick the silicone pad on the upper lash line on the eyelid and pay attention to the sizes described above.
- Use a suitable and good glue for your eyelash lift.
- Be careful not to use too much or less glue. The right amount makes the difference.
- Let the glue dry a little and then carefully pull the lashes onto the silicone pad.
- Hold them briefly with the Y-brush so that the glue can set. Now let go and check that the lashes are parallel and correctly positioned on the silicone pad.
- If all the lashes are correctly placed on the silicone pad, you can now start the lash lift procedure according to the instructions.
Tip: Pull the lashes from the root up onto the silicone pad with the Y-applicator or an appropriate instrument (it is best to do this one at a time until all the lashes are in place). It is important that they are all positioned straight and parallel. To correct an eyelash, you can loosen it with a drop of glue and realign it. If you want to make it even easier, we recommend silicone pads with existing guide grooves from XXL Lashes. This makes it even easier to position the lashes on the silicone pad..
Why don’t silicone pads or the lashes on them last?
- If you use oily or greasy products, it can affect the durability of the glue on the silicone pad and eyelid. Therefore, clean and degrease your eyelids in preparation and to ensure good adhesion of the lashes to the silicone pad.
- Too much or the wrong eyelash lift adhesive is used: If the lashes detach from the silicone pad after gluing, then you should not reapply glue. This can lead to using too much glue altogether, so that the subsequent lotions do not work properly.
- If not enough glue is used, the lashes will not stay in place as desired and may also come off. Just try it out to see how much is right for the lashes to hold and use a good lashlift glue.
What are the problems with using the wrong silicone pads?
- If the lashes only come to the centre of the silicone pad when it is pulled up and straightened, then the pad is too big. If the lash tips reach the outer edge of the pad, it is too small.
- The curvature of the silicone pad should correspond to the length of the lashes, so that the lashes do not stick up as tightly as in the example on the right (the curl is completely missing here).
- The most difficult silicone pad is the one in size S. Many people hope for the best curl with this pad. However, this is rarely the case, as it can quickly happen that no lifting effect is created. It is only recommended for very short lashes. The very flat curvature means that the lashes are then only smoothed and stretched, but do not get any curl.
- If you use a silicone pad that is too big, you will not get the desired curl and you will not be satisfied with your eyelash lift result.
- if you have very long lashes, over 1.5 cm or too short lashes under 0.5 cm, it is difficult to achieve the desired effect and a lifting result. It is best to consult a professional or an eyelash stylist.
How do I care for my eyelashes after the eyelash lift and how does it last longer?
Please do not use any liquids on the eye for the next 24 hours after the eyelash lift treatment. Water, oils or creams can affect the results in the first few hours. To ensure that your lashes retain their beautiful curl for a long time, you can also treat them with an eyelash serum, which enhances growth and thus prolongs the effect. Eyelash tint can also be applied afterward.
With the right choice of lash lifting pad size you will achieve the best result. The lashes appear longer, thicker and therefore more voluminous. It can easily be done at home or by a professional eyelash stylist.
Have fun and good luck!