Eyelash lifting has become increasingly popular in recent years. Although many people use the service in a professional studio it is also possible to carry out an eyelash lift yourself at home. Here you will learn how to achieve a safe and effective eyelash lift at home.
Preparation is key
Before you start your eyelash lift at home, it is important that you make some preparations. Get a high-quality eyelash lifting kit that contains all the necessary tools and solutions. In our opinion, the best eyelash lifting set should definitely offer the perming and lifting lotion in sachets rather than bottles, so that the liquid lasts for months after the first treatment and opening. As always, look for good customer reviews and clear instructions.
It is also advisable to carry out an allergy test to ensure that you are not allergic to the chemicals contained in the kit. Apply a small amount of the product to an inconspicuous area of your skin and wait 24 hours to make sure there is no reaction.
The process: step by step to the perfect eyelash lift
- Cleansing: Start with cleaning and drying your lashes. Use a mild cleanser or a good lash shampoo to remove makeup residue and oils.
- Applying the silicone pads: Stick the silicone pads to your upper eyelid with the included adhesive. Choose the size that best suits your eyelash shape .
- Fixing the eyelashes: Gently brush your eyelashes over the silicone pads, making sure they are evenly distributed. It is particularly important here that the eyelashes are perfectly parallel to each other and not crossed over. Eyelashes that are fixed crookedly look crooked even after the lift.
- Applying the perming lotion: Apply the perming solution with an applicator and let it work according to the instructions on the kit. Only the lower third of the eyelashes should be dabbed with the lotion. Under no circumstances should the lotion get on the tips of the lashes, this could over-process and damage the lashes, resulting in a very poor, over-curled lash lift. Therefore, be very careful, careful and precise.
- Applying the setting: After the perming lotion has been carefully removed, apply the setting.
- Neutralization: After the exposure time, apply the neutralization solution to complete the process. Detach the eyelashes from the silicone pad and remove the pad from the eyelid.
- Care: After removing the silicone pads and remaining solution, apply a nourishing serum or sealer to nourish your lashes.
Tips for a successful eyelash lift
Patience and precision: Take your time and work carefully to achieve the best result. During the lifting process, it is important to apply products precisely to ensure that the lashes are curled evenly.
Adherence to time: Observe the prescribed exposure times for the lotions and the fixation. Do not exceed the recommended times as this may lead to undesirable results.
Don’t overdo it: pay attention to the health of your eyelashes. Avoid overtreating the eyelashes as this can damage them. If your eyelashes are already damaged, a lash lift may not be recommended.
Follow the instructions: Your lash lift kit instructions are your best friend. Follow all steps carefully to ensure a safe and effective lift.
Practice makes perfect: The first time you do a lash lift at home, the result might not be perfect. But with a little practice you will get better and achieve the desired result.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does an eyelash lift last?
An eyelash lift usually lasts 6 to 8 weeks, depending on the growth cycle of your natural eyelashes. After 6 to 8 weeks, the eyelash lift will gradually wear off and your eyelashes will return to their natural shape. At this point you can lift your lashes again if you want to maintain the look.
Is an eyelash lift at home safe?
Yes, if you follow the instructions carefully and do an allergy test beforehand, an eyelash lift at home is safe. You can find out how to avoid bad experiences here.
What alternatives are there to eyelash lifting?
Can I use mascara after eyelash lifting?
Yes, you can use mascara, but it is important to wait at least 24 hours after the lift to avoid damaging the lashes.
Can you reverse eyelash lifts?
This wish exists when the result is not good. If the eyelash perming has not been carried out professionally, the eyelashes can be chemically “burned”, the eyelashes can stand in a tangled mess or the bend can be lifted up too steeply, which looks unsightly or can even lead to the eyelashes breaking off. However, the eyelash lift cannot be reversed.
Can I do an eyelash lift without a set?
Since eyelash lifting is a cosmetic procedure that involves curling the natural eyelashes using chemicals and special techniques to create a permanent, curled look, it requires special products and equipment. An eyelash lift without the appropriate set is therefore not possible.