Eyebrows are an essential part of a person’s overall look. They can completely change and accentuate the face. Many women and men opt for tinted eyebrows because they are easy to maintain and last all day long.
Here we show you what to look out for:
What do you need to consider when tinting eyebrows?
Firstly, it can be difficult to find the right colour for your skin tone. Before you decide on a colour, you should first consider your skin tone and the appearance of your brows. Some choose a darker shade because it makes the brows appear fuller and bushier.
Others, however, opt for a lighter shade because it gives them a more natural look. If you choose a lighter shade, apply it only to the brows and not to the skin underneath, as it can look blotchy.
Secondly, you will need to re-tint regularly, about once a month, to maintain the look.
What dyes are available, and which is best?
Which colour is used for eyebrow tinting makes all the difference! Most dyes are liquid and contain hydrogen peroxide. This whitens the brows so that the desired colour can be easily applied. The best known products are Refectocil, Syoss and Swiss o Par. Our comparison winner is Swiss o Par, which really lasts a long time, is hypoallergenic, vegan and generally well tolerated.
Swiss o Par recently launched a new DIY eyebrow colour set that lasts for at least 20 applications and promises perfect colouring for many weeks.
How do I colour my eyebrows?
Before you start tinting, make sure your brows are clean and flawless. To improve durability, it is important to remove grease, oil and make-up residue from the eyebrows.
- Therefore, you should first clean them with soap and water or a good cleanser.
- If you also pre-treat them with a primer, the colour will last longer.
- Then, gently brush the brows upwards with a brush or cotton bud to make them sit well.
- If you want to avoid unwanted colour being absorbed into the surrounding skin later, you can apply a little greasy cream around the edges of the eyebrows
- or simply use eyebrow stencils, then nothing can get onto the skin. The stencils are washable and reusable.
- – Now you can start tinting your brows! The tinting itself is quite simple and uncomplicated. First of all, you should have all the necessary utensils ready, such as a brush, a bowl of water and a paper towel.
- Furthermore, you have to read and follow the instructions on the dye carefully. The Swiss o Par package contains all the necessary ingredients.
- The dyeing process is uncomplicated and only takes a few minutes. Simply apply the colour to the brow with the brush from the inside to the outside in the direction of hair growth. After the application time, the dye is washed off and the eyebrows are ready coloured.
How long must the dye be left on?
The exposure time depends on the desired colour. For a dark tone you should leave the dye on for about five to ten minutes, for a light tone only one to two minutes.
If you are unsure, you can leave the dye on for a shorter time and then, if necessary, leave it on for a few more minutes.
How do I remove the dye?
Once the dye has been left on, rinse it off thoroughly with lukewarm water. Be careful not to use too hot water as it can irritate the skin.
When you have removed all residues of the dye, you can dry your brows with a paper towel.
The best tips for eyebrow care
After you have tinted your eyebrows, it is important to care for them properly to keep them healthy and strong. If you want to strengthen or advance your eyebrow growth, you can achieve amazing success with the Eyelash and Eyebrow Serum from XXL Lashes. A clear growth is already visible after 3-4 weeks.
Style your eyebrows properly
There are a number of products on the market that have been specially developed for the care and styling of eyebrows. 3 products, in particular, stand out here.
- The 10-piece eyebrow styling set free case is an all-round styling helper.
- A smart eyebrow pen with microblading effect is the 4Tip Eyebrow Tattoo Pen, it draws 4 parallel lines at the same time, is super durable, waterproof, sweatproof and smudgeproof. You can create hair-like brows in seconds that look incredibly natural and last all day.
- If your eyebrows don’t sit perfectly, Christian Faye’s eyebrow makeup is a great tip. With the included template, you can draw perfect eyebrows in seconds.
Eyebrows stand out and draw the eye. The power of eyebrows should not be underestimated. Brows frame your face, give it contour and emphasise the eyes. They are decisive for the overall appearance and give us a well-groomed and harmonious look. They are responsible for various attributes and show us whether we are happy, angry, friendly or serious. The expression of the eyebrows is unique to our facial expressions.